Join me for the Expert Chat on “Prototyping and Pitching” on Wednesday, October 29 at 10am ET. The Social Intrapreneurship for Innovation in Health and Wellness course attracts participants from around the world (23 countries on 6 continents) to develop prototypes for new social intrapreneuring and social entrepreneuring ventures as a collaborative social innovation platform.
This 6-weeks online course is facilitated by Joseph Agoada and Megan Coolidge of Ashoka and powered by TechChange, the institute for technology and social change in cooperation with Boehringer Ingelheim.
As the world rapidly changes new employer and employee skills such as changemaking, teamwork, empathy and leadership are fundamental to an institution’s ability to innovate and grow into the future. Ignoring the need for these new skills leads to loss of opportunity and competitiveness, along with increased redundancy and inefficiency. Social intrapreneurship is a methodology for sparking, cultivating, advancing and scaling social innovation within institutions by capitalizing on trends such as technology advancement and globalization, deploying agile and start-up strategies and building the core changemaker skill set. Check out why Forbes is calling the Social Intrapreneur the Most Valuable Employee of 2014.
Ashoka, the world’s largest network of social innovation and entrepreneurship, has teamed up with Boehringer Ingelheim, a world leading pharmaceutical lab with a corporate vision for “value through innovation”, to create a six-week online course in social intrapreneurship for innovation in health and wellness. In this course, you will connect with participants from institutions across the private, public, and nonprofit sectors and convene to learn entrepreneurial and start-up strategies for creating positive social and business impact in the health and wellness space.
In this course you will:
- Prepare for a lead or supporting role in developing a health and wellness innovation with social and business impact
- Gain skills and strategies to garner internal and external support for innovative projects
- Learn how to collaboratively advance innovation in a bureaucratic setting
- Connect with a network of intrapreneurs and innovators to share ideas, make critical connections, and get continuous support and feedback
- Complete a final group prototype project using Ashoka’s innovative concept formation and collaboration techniques
Through an online dynamic learning environment, which utilizes Ashoka’s and Boehringer Ingelheim’s knowledge and networks in intrapreneurship, students will join facilitators and leading experts in the field to discuss case studies, major trends and social business ideas to keep you on the cutting edge of intrapreneurship.
- Week 1: The Business Case for Social Intrapreneurship
- Week 2: Selecting and Framing an Intrapreneurial Problem Statement
- Week 3: Strategies for Advancing Social Innovation Within Your Institution
- Week 4 & 5: Prototyping and Pitching
- Week 6: Final Review and Wrap-up
- Finale Event: Prototype Presentations